CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie
Lilypie

Friday, July 18, 2008

Tee Time

Rhyan slept in her pack-n-play in our room last night while we opened up our home to our good friends Annette, Tony, and two of their three kids. Annette and Tony had the last of their things moved out of their house last night in preperation to move to New Mexico this weekend (Look for the "last supper" pictures later). We sleep with the baby monitor on every night and there are several nights where I wake up and just listen to Rhyan move around and grunt in her sleep. I have to say that the noise was nothing like having her sleep in our room. I slept so light and constantly wanted to go watch her sleep. (Keep in mind that since she was a newborn she slept in her own room.) I tried to lay so still in order to not wake or disturb her. I got lousy sleep and at some point I went and got her out of bed and put her in bed with us. Anyways, Pacer had a seven o'clock Tee Time so he got up super early this morning to get ready to hit the golf course with his grandad. Then, out of nowhere I hear all of this talking. I first look at the clock 5 o'clock in big bright blue numbers staring back at me and then I look to my other side and Rhyan and Pacer are just talking away. It was the sweetest thing. She was smiling, kicking her legs, and grabbing for his face. Pacer played with her for several minutes while I just watched. It made me feel so good to see the two of them interacting. Pacer then layed her back in her bed without a "morning snack" and she put herself back to sleep. What a precious moment, although I would have preferred it to be later in the morning. Pacer is so good with Rhyan and there is no doubt why she loves her daddy so much.

0 comments: